Monday, January 21, 2013

Kid's take the cake-Bangladeshi babies

I just love this little guy's polka dots!
While all babies are cute (with the exception of human babies- don't deny it, they are not cute until at least 6 weeks) I have to say as far as domesticated animals go, kid's (or baby goats) take the cake.

Here in Bangladesh we don't get too much of a winter. Some of you heard my cries of "freezing" here but that had more to do with me being unprepared than actual freezing temperatures. Once I bought a hoodie and a couple pairs of socks, I was fine. Now, the colder temps appear to be on their way out and we are making a transition into what appears to be Bangladeshi spring time. I have seen many more babies in the last week than previously.

My friend Angela kept telling me that I needed to find a baby goat and have my picture taken with it. She kept telling me how soft they were. So I kept looking, but I had a hard time getting close to them, they were a bit skittish and none of them seemed that small. The ones I had been
 encountering were probably more like teenage goats.

What a sweetheart!
Finally, I found some baby goats to cuddle with. My local co-workers thought I was a bit crazy and were like "Wow, hahaha, you really like goats!". To which I just smiled and asked them to take a picture.

They are so soft and when you pick them up, they just relax completely. Have you ever noticed a goats eyes? Their pupils are little rectangles that sit horizontally in the center of their pretty golden iris's.

While puppies, kittens, chicks and calves are all adorable, it's the kid's that I feel win first place in the cuteness category. Of course, I'm open to disagreements here.



No comments:

Post a Comment